* Self-contained/Self-catering (chalet, cottage, fibro weekender, holiday apartment, holiday house, holiday unit, self-contained apartment, serviced apartment, ski lodge)
These are the questions that shortlisted properties were asked to complete to be considered as a finalist for their state in each category.
1. Which award category is this submission for? (for multiple submissions please submit separate and fully completed entries)
* Budget (back-packer, bunkhouse/dormitory, hostel, lodge)
* Hosted (bed & breakfast, farm stays, guest house)
* Health/lifestyle (health retreat, light house, resort, spa)
* Hotels and Motels (boutique hotel, hotel, inn, motel, motor inn, pub, time-share)
* Parks (cabins, camping ground, caravan park, tourist park)
* Farm stays
* On the Move (campervan, 4WD tour, accommodated tours, horse-riding tours, walking tours, charter boat, house boat, yacht)
* Gay and lesbian-friendly
* Accessible (as in for guests with disabilities)
* Group accommodation (10+)
* Unique (quirky, out of the ordinary)
2. Please tell us your property name (as listed on TakeABreak)
3. Please tell us the name of the person responsible for this award entry
4. What is the best email address to contact you on?
5. What State is your property located in?
6. What features/products/services do you offer to guests that specifically relate to this award category? (please provide a complete and detailed list)
7. What do you think makes your property stand out above others in this category?
8. What do you do that you believe is the essence of good guest service and makes your guests say 'wow'?
* Choose the category that most fits your property
* The category this year with the most nominations was self-contained. This made it very competitive.
* Make sure that the information in your submission is carried through into your listing. It's no good having all that wonderful information in your submission if guests are never going to read it.
* If your property is strong in more than one category nominate under more than one
* Don't just nominate under all of the categories in case you get lucky
* If you submit more than one nomination make sure that the submissions are not exactly the same for each category. They are different categories, you should have entirely different answers to the questions.
* In our systems it is sometimes easier to search by email address, so make sure the address on your submission is the one on your account. If you are not sure email support.
* If you nominate under a category that has extra theme information available such as pet-friendly, family-friendly or accessible make sure you have completed it.
2009 State Winner Articles including submission information and judges notes.
More Judges Notes on submissions by category coming soon!
1. Properties are able to nominate under as many categories as they like as long as a separate submission is completed for each category.
Tip: Nominate under the category that your property fits best in, that is also reflected in your listing and your guest comments.
Tip: Make sure that you have actually selected this theme or property type for your property.
2. Make sure that this is the exact name that you have your property listed under. You don't want judges searching everywhere for the wrong property!
3. This is the contact name for any correspondence about the awards.
4. Make sure that this is a working email address, preferably your account or property email address so that we can easily find it.
6. Note: "specifically relate to this award category " and "complete and detailed list".
You need to provide as much detail as possible, not just a few brief dot points.
7. This is your opportunity to tell the judges why they should pick you over all of the other properties in this category. You need to relate this back to the category that you have selected and emphasise each of the features your property has that relate to the category, especially if they are talked about by guests in your guest comments.
8. This is another chance for you to let the judges know how great your customer service is and what your guests think of your property. You can use some guest comments but keep this to a minimum. The judges don't want to re-read these in your submission; they are on your listing too.